These are some really useful notes.ini variables, if you’re changing any SMTP settings in Domino (in particular if you’re setting up or changing a TLS connection).
(NOTE: links updated January 2022)
- SMTPClientDebug, SMTPDebug and SMTPDebugIO – Description and usage here
- SmtpSaveOutboundToFile – Description and usage here
- SMTPSaveImportErrors – Description and usage here
Every time I’ve needed these in the past I’ve ended up correlating this list or similar, thought it might be useful to have them together in once place!
Note you can set any of these by running:
set config notesinisettinghere
from the Domino Console so if you wanted to set up SMTP debug, running the following would give you verbose logging:-
- set config SMTPDebug=3
- set config SMTPDebugIO=3
- set config SMTPClientDebug=3
- set config SMTPSaveOutboundToFile=1
- set config SMTPImportErrors=1
Obviously these settings will produce a lot of logging, which will effect performance, only turn these on for a short period, during non-peak times.
Let us know if you’ve found this helpful!
Cormac McCarthy – Domino People Ltd