What happens when your only Domino Admin type ID expires? Not a lot really because you won’t be able to do anything!
You will need to recertify your Admin ID with a new certificate and expiration date but you need an Admin ID for that right? Not if you follow this simple guide which should not take more than 15 mins**
** 15 mins is a rough estimate. Also, you should really know what you are doing and this quick guide assumes you are a seasoned Domino professional. Please don’t attempt this if you are a Domino noob.
- Shut down Domino
- Copy the Domino Directory to a PC with the Notes client installed (take a backup of the Domino Directory from the server as well just incase!)
- Open Notes client and make a “normal” user an admin in the Domino Directory
- Copy the Domino Directory back to the server and start Domino
- Switch to the “normal” user which is now an admin and recertify the admin ID
- Switch back to the newly certified admin ID and reverse the changes where you made Mr.Normal an admin
- Restart Domino
Jobs a goodun’
Steven Vaughan – Domino People